Activities in and around Tuross Head
Tuross Head is a wonderful place to stay. It is situated on one of the most beautiful headlands in New South Wales and is renowned for its boat and beach fishing. It is also a great place to surf, play golf, bowls, tennis, walk, cycle or just relax and unwind. Tuross Head cycleway/walkway commences at Tuross Beach Holiday Park and continues for several kilometres along the ocean front.
Tuross Head is close by the quaint villages of Mogo and Bodalla with Tilba Tilba, Central Tilba and Cobargo a little further afield, but less than an hour away. These villages are filled with local art and craft shops as well as antique stores and popular cafes where you can enjoy coffee and cake or gourmet lunches.
A visit to Tilba Valley Wines is highly recommended for wine tasting and a very pleasant lunch or dinner on the banks of beautiful Lake Corunna.
A visit to Mogo Zoo is a must for both young and old, as is the re-creation of a nineteenth century gold rush village at Old Mogo Town.
More Activities in and Around Tuross Head
If you're looking for a place to have a very memorable holiday or just a short break to unwind, you can't go past Tuross Head and the fantastic location and facilities offered by Tuross Beach Holiday Park and surrounding attractions.
- Marine and wild-life excursions - take a cruise from nearby Narooma for Montague Island and view the fairy penguin and seal colonies. If you choose to stay between September and November, whale watching is a great way to pass the time.
- Tuross Boatshed - has everything you need for a great day out. Boat hire, canoe hire, tackle shop and take-away food.
- Tuross Boatshed Cafe - great food to take-away or eat right at the water's edge.
- The Pickled Octopus Restaurant - a very fine eatery with a fabulous view of the lake.
- Tuross Head Country Club - 9 holes of golf with fabulous views, bowls and great meals and entertainment. Courtesy bus available to and from the holiday park and Tuross Head Country Club.
- Other places to eat - see "Variety of cuisine" under Local Attractions in the Photo Gallery on the home page of this web site.
- Mogo - as well as the great zoo there are galleries, specialty stores, and popular cafes where you can enjoy coffee and cake or gourmet lunches. Old Mogo Town is nearby and is a re-creation of a nineteenth century gold rush village. Horse riding is also available at Jeremadra Stables.
- Bodalla - Visit cheese factories at Bodalla and Central Tilba.
- Moruya - Scenic flights are available from Moruya airport. Moruya markets are worth a look every Saturday morning, especially for fresh seafood and fruit and vegetables. A great place to buy second hand books or pick up a bargain at the large variety of stalls.
- Golf courses in the area
Tuross Head Country Club - 9 holes - high up with breath-taking views of beaches and ocean
Moruya Golf Club - 18 holes
Narooma Golf club - 18 holes with stunning ocean views.
- Tilba Valley Wines - situated on the shores of Lake Corunna. Wine-tasting, cellar door sales. Devonshire teas and coffee as well as lunch. Live music 1st and 3rd Sundays monthly.
- Central Tilba - National Trust classified village where local artists, leather workers, woodturners, a cobbler and many others practise their crafts as well as historic cheese factory, bakery, lolly shop, historic pub and cafes.
- Tilba Tilba - Visit the extensive (3 1/2 acres) Foxglove Spire Gardens, one of Australia's best gardens, where you can wander along its many fragrant paths, under rose covered arbours and into its many flower-filled areas. Allow plenty of time, take a picnic or lunch at the 'Love at First Bite' café. There is also a nursery and old wares/gift shop.
- Cobargo - On the highway south of Narooma. A variety of craft and old wares stores, and several fine eateries.